5 Halloween ideas to make your digital marketing spooktacular!
Aaaahhh, Halloween! That ghostly part of the year when we all get excited by the thought of trick or treats, scary decorations, loads of barmbrack and, of course, monstrous puns. Ireland, as the place where the holiday originates from, is no different. Although it’s connected with the Samhain Celtic tradition, when the end of the pastoral cycle used to be celebrated, modern celebrations make the festivity as uncanny as it can get.
With monsters and decorations scaring people in physical stores, you might be wondering what you can do to replicate this in your digital marketing. Luckily for you, it’s not a mysterious thing: you just need to keep it cool. Follow these Halloween ideas from our team, and we are sure you will have a great time.
- Make your digital presence Boo-tiful: changing your digital presence to resemble the festivities is a way to tell your customers that you are up to something scary-good. Ask your digital agency to come up with a theme for your website, social media platforms, email marketing and any other online channels that you are present on. Make sure that your hair-raising decorations are both connected to your brand and present in all your digital strategy.
- Offer scary-good discounts and freebies: what better way to get your audience’s attention than to offer a promo code to be used in their next purchase? Start implementing your Halloween ideas by giving them some treats after they reach a certain spent in their shopping cart. Whichever option you choose, make sure that you will format that within a wickedly-fantastic look, okay?
- Create content and use keywords to a supernatural result: find a way to connect your brand and the festivity. Then, use it to generate content that can enchant your customers. That will give them reasons to buy from you and build trust for the future. Take advantage of free tools like Google Keyword Planner to find the keywords that are likely to get a high search volume during the season. This is a great way to reach more people with specific demands, generating new organic traffic to your website. Can you guess which keywords are we using in this blog?
- Promote a blood-curdling Halloween contest: humans are competitive by nature. Why not use that on your brand’s favour while generating engagement on your social media channels? This is called UGC (User-Generated Content), and it works terrific well both for brands that sell Halloween themed products and those which don’t. You can be very straightforward and ask people to answer a Halloween-related question on your Instagram comments. You can be a bit more specific and incentive them to share a picture tagging your page, or using a specific hashtag. Give your followers a reasonable amount of time to be ready to participate and choose a prize that will be interesting for a considerable audience and you are sure to have a great time!
- Shoot and share a spooky video: in the prank season, nothing has more chances to get viral than a scary video. This is one of the most popular ways to get people’s attention, and a good laugh is always a positive asset to your brand. Use your creativity to try and create a concept that can become viral and share it on your social media platforms. Remember to find out the right format for each network and to use related hashtags to increase your reach.
Here at Matrix Internet, we are also preparing ourselves for the season, and you will be seeing some hauntingly content on our pages during the next few days. What about you? How’s your business getting ready for the most fabulous holiday of the year? Share your thoughts with us in our Social Media profiles. And remember, if you need a digital marketing team to help you increase your sales, improve your online presence and make your brand to thrive in whatever season, get in touch to check what can we do for you! We promise we can deliver a bone-chilling strategy!